Description: You want a new PC or laptop and by now you’ve probably made up your mind as to whether it should be a Windows, Mac (or even Linux) device. Go for Windows and your choice is more complicated as there’s Windows 10 S, Windows 10 Home and Windows 10 Pro.
Let’s narrow things down a bit and remove Windows 10 S from the equation. This is a new version of the OS that is aimed at students and teachers, though you may find it on some ‘regular’ laptops, such as the Surface Laptop from Microsoft.
- Processor: 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster.
- RAM: 1 gigabyte (GB).
- Free space on hard disk: 16 gigabytes (GB).
- Graphics card: DirectX 9 graphics device or a newer version.
- Additional requirements to use certain features.
- To use touch you need a tablet or monitor that supports multitouch.
- To access the Windows store to download and run apps, you need an active Internet connection and a screen resolution of at least 1024 x 768 pixels