Space Engineers is an open world sandbox game defined by creativity and exploration.
It is a sandbox game about engineering, construction, exploration and survival in space and on planets. Players build space ships, wheeled vehicles, space stations, planetary outposts of various sizes and uses (civil and military), pilot ships and travel through space to explore planets and gather resources to survive. Featuring both creative and survival modes, there is no limit to what can be built, utilized and explored.
Space Engineers features a realistic, volumetric-based physics engine: everything in the game can be assembled, disassembled, damaged and destroyed. The game can be played either in single or multiplayer modes.
Volumetric objects are structures composed from block-like modules interlocked in a grid. Volumetric objects behave like real physical objects with mass, inertia and velocity. Individual modules have real volume and storage capacity.
Space Engineers is inspired by reality and by how things work. Think about modern-day NASA technology extrapolated 60 years into the future. Space Engineers strives to follow the laws of physics and doesn’t use technologies that wouldn’t be feasible in the near future.
- Planets and moons – fully destructible & persistent, volumetric, atmosphere, gravity, climate zones
- Game modes
– Creative – unlimited resources, instant building, no death
– Survival – realistic management of resources and inventory capacity; manual building; death/respawn
- Single-player – you are the sole space engineer
– Creative and survival mode with your friends
– Cooperative and competitive
– Privacy customization: offline, private, friends only, public
– Up to 16 players
– Dedicated servers
- New game options
– Scenarios – offer linear story with action-packed gameplay, while the majority of Space Engineers scenarios feature unique sandbox environments where players create their own challenges.
– Workshop worlds – offer worlds created by other players.
– Custom worlds – offer variety of customizable worlds where you can start your own scenario.
Genre: Action, Indie, Simulation, Strategy
Developer: Keen Software House
Publisher: Keen Software House